关键词不能为空

当前您在: 主页 > 英语 >

惠特曼诗歌,歌唱自我(第一节-第二十六节)

作者:高考题库网
来源:https://www.bjmy2z.cn/gaokao
2021-02-12 16:48
tags:

-

2021年2月12日发(作者:dancer是什么意思)


S


ONG OF



M


YSELF



歌唱自我




1



I celebrate myself, and sing myself,


我庆祝我自己,我歌唱我自己,



And what I assume you shall assume,


我展示的形象,也将是你的形象,



For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.


因为构成我的每一个原子,同样也构成了你。




I loafe and invite my soul,


我漫步闲游,并邀请了我的灵魂,



I lean and loafe at my ease observing a spear of summer grass.


我悠然散淡地俯下身子,观察着夏日青草的一片叶子。




My tongue, every atom of my blood, form’d from this soil, this air,



我的舌头,构成我血液的每一个原子,都成形于这片土壤,这片空气,

< br>


Born here of parents born here from parents the same, and their parents the same,


出生在这里的父母把我生在这里,他们的父母也同样生在这里,



I, now thirty-seven years old in perfect health begin,


现在三十七岁而且无比健康的我呀,开始歌唱,



Hoping to cease not till death.


期望着永不停息地歌唱直到死亡。




Creeds and schools in abeyance,


让教义和学说暂时退到一边,



Retiring back a while sufficed at what they are, but never forgotten,


让它们在当前的状 态中满足地退下休憩片刻吧,不过它们永远也不会被遗忘,



I harbor for good or bad, I permit to speak at every hazard,


我要把善恶都作为停泊的港湾,我要容许它们不顾一切地发出声音,< /p>



Nature without check with original energy.


让本性带着最原始的活力不受抑制地发出声音。




2




Houses and rooms are full of perfumes, the shelves are crowded with perfumes,



屋子和房间里装满了芳香,架子上也挤满了芳香,



I breathe the fragrance myself and know it and like it,



我亲身呼吸这芬芳啊,我了解它也喜爱它,



The distillation would intoxicate me also, but I shall not let it.



这香气中的精华也将使我陶醉,但我不容许自己陶醉。




The atmosphere is not a perfume, it has no taste of the distillation, it is odorless,



空气不是一种香料,它没有这种香之精华的味道,它没有味道,



It is for my mouth forever, I am in love with it,



但它永远供养我的口鼻啊,我为它堕入了爱河,



I will go to the bank by the wood and become undisguised and naked,



我要去到那林边的河岸,剥去伪装全身赤裸,



I am mad for it to be in contact with me.



我陷入疯狂啊,要让这空气与我相依无间。




The smoke of my own breath,



这是我自己的呼吸化成的轻烟,



Echoes, ripples, buzz’d whispers, love- root, silk-thread, crotch and vine,



是回声,是轻波,是嗡嗡的悄语,是爱根草,是丝线树,是枝桠和藤蔓,



My


respiration


and


inspiration,


the


beating


of


my


heart,


the


passing


of


blood


and


air


through my lungs,



是我吐出的气息,是我吸入的气息,是 我心的跳动,是血在流过,是穿过我肺腑的


空气,



The sniff of green leaves and dry leaves, and of the shore and dark-color’d sea- rocks, and


of hay in the barn,



是青的叶子和枯干的叶子的味道,是海岸和海上黑 色的岩石的味道,是谷仓里干草


的味道,




The sound of the belch’d words of my voice loos’d to the eddies of the wind,



这是用我的嗓音喷吐出的词句释放在盘旋的风中所发出的声响,



A few light kisses, a few embraces, a reaching around of arms,



这是几个轻吻,几个拥抱,是伸出的双手对身旁的一次探索,



The play of shine and shade on the trees as the supple boughs wag,



是柔韧的枝干摇曳时,光和影在树丛中的扑闪与跳动,



The delight alone or in the rush of the streets, or along the fields and hill- sides,



是独自一人时,或者身处熙攘街道中,或者与田 园和山脚相伴时的欢乐,



The feeling of health, the full-noon trill, the song of me rising from bed and meeting the


sun.



这是对健康的感受,是正午 时的颤音,是我从睡床上起来与太阳相会的歌声。




Have you reckon’d a thousand acres much? have you reckon’d the earth much?



你认为千顷百亩已经够多?你认为地球寰宇已经够大?



Have you practis’d so long to learn to read?



你以为你练习得够久,已经学会了怎样去阅读?



Have you felt so proud to get at the meaning of poems?



你以为你足以感到自豪,因为你能明白诗的真意?




Stop this day and night with me and you shall possess the origin of all poems,



今天今夜请停步和我在一起,你将会理解一切诗歌的本源,



You shall possess the good of the earth and sun, (there are millions of suns left,)



你将会理解大地和太阳中的美好,


(此外还有亿万个其它的太阳,




You shall no longer take things at second or third hand, nor look through the eyes of the


dead, nor feed on the spectres in books,



你将不再需要通过二手和三手的方式接受万事万 物,也不再需要借助那已逝前人的


眼睛去到处观瞧,或者依靠那些在书中游荡的幽灵来吸 取营养,



You shall not look through my eyes either, nor take things from me,



你不应当借助我的眼睛去审看世界,更不应当通过我来接受这 万物千灵,



You shall listen to all sides and filter them from your self.



你应当去耳听八方啊,通过自己来筛滤选挑。




3




I have heard what the talkers were talking, the talk of the beginning and the end,



我听见了清谈家的议论,探讨着什么是始什么是终,



But I do not talk of the beginning or the end.



但我不谈论始也不谈论终。




There was never any more inception than there is now,



因为与以往的任何时候相比,现在才更像是一个起点,



Nor any more youth or age than there is now,



与以往的任何时候相比,现在更为年青也更为年老,



And will never be any more perfection than there is now,



而与将来的任何时候相比,现在又更像是一个完美的顶点,



Nor any more heaven or hell than there is now.



与将来的任何时候相比,现在更像天堂也更像地狱。




Urge and urge and urge,



强烈的冲动,强烈的冲动,仍然是这强烈的冲动,



Always the procreant urge of the world.



到处是来自这世界的生殖的强烈冲动。




Out of the dimness opposite equals advance, always substance and increase, always sex,



从朦胧之中,

同等而相反的他们走向前来,


永远与物质和增殖有关,


永远 与性有关,



Always a knit of identity, always distinction, always a breed of life.



永远是编织在一起的共性,永远是各有区别的特性 ,永远是生命的某种型态。



To elaborate is no avail, learn’d and unlearn’d feel that it is so.



没必要去精心阐释,因为无论你博学还是无知,你感受 的事实就是如此。




Sure as the most certain sure, plumb in the uprights, well entretied, braced in the beams,



但我肯定,最百分之百地肯定,那笔直地向上挺立着,像木制构件一样互相钩紧,

牢牢地咬合在梁柱之上,



Stout as a horse, affectionate, haughty, electrical,



像马一样壮硕,但也柔情切切,可又 目中无人,同时又有电流一般的热情,



I and this mystery here we stand.



像这样站在这儿的,那是我们,是我和这神秘之物。




Clear and sweet is my soul, and clear and sweet is all that is not my soul.



我的灵魂清洁而甜美,但是我灵魂之外的部分也一 样清洁而甜美,




Lack one lacks both, and the unseen is proved by the seen,



两者缺一则两者俱失,并且无形的那部分要通过有 形的这部分才能得到检验,



Till that becomes unseen and receives proof in its turn.



而一旦有形的部分转变成了无形的部分,那时又该 轮到它来经受检验。




Showing the best and dividing it from the worst age vexes age,



一代又 一代的人痛苦着,希望把那最美好进行展示,并把它与最丑恶的分开,



Knowing the perfect fitness and equanimity of things, while they discuss I am silent, and


go bathe and admire myself.



但我却知道,这些东西是完美而平静地彼此结 合在一起的,所以当他们讨论着这个


问题时我沉默着,我走去沐浴,去欣赏我自己。




Welcome is every organ and attribute of me, and of any man hearty and clean,



每一件器官和每一种特质我都热情地接 纳,无论是我的,还是其他任何一位健康而


纯洁的人的,



Not an inch nor a particle of an inch is vile, and none shall be less familiar than the rest.



因为它们没有一寸一厘的卑鄙邪恶,而且每一个都 应当被同样地熟悉和了解。




I am satisfied—I see, dance, laugh, sing;



我已经满足


——


我看,我舞,我笑,我 歌,



As the hugging and loving bed-fellow sleeps at my side through the night, and withdraws


at the peep of the day with stealthy tread,



紧抱着我的那位 亲爱的同床伙伴呀,他通夜睡在我的身旁,在天光微现时抽身退


去,步履悄悄,



Leaving me baskets cover’d with white towels swelling the house with their plenty,



给我留下许多装在篮子里的礼物,用白色毛巾覆盖,这礼物是 如此之多,这房屋都


难以容下,



Shall I postpone my acceptation and realization and scream at my eyes,



难道此刻我不应当立即接受立即感悟,却要尖声呵斥我的双眼,



That they turn from gazing after and down the road,



不让它们沿着那条道路的上下凝视张望,



And forthwith cipher and show me to a cent,



而要它们立即为我推算,分毫不差地推算,



Exactly the value of one and exactly the value of two, and which is ahead?


< /p>


这一件的精确价码,那两件的准确估值,还有哪一个要放在最前?




4




Trippers and askers surround me,



短途观光者和提问者围绕在我的身边,



People I meet, the effect upon me of my early life or the ward and city I live in, or the


nation,



我遇见的人,还有 我的早年生活、我居住的选区和城市、我的国家给我的影响,



The latest dates, discoveries, inventions, societies, authors old and new,



最近的几次约会、发现、发明,社会团体、新老作家,



My dinner, dress, associates, looks, compliments, dues,



我的主餐、服饰、社交、相貌、对人的恭维、所尽的义务,



The real or fancied indifference of some man or woman I love,



我所爱的某些男人或女人对我表现出来的真正的或臆想的冷漠,



The sickness of one of my folks or of myself, or ill-doing or loss or lack of money, or


depressions or exaltations,



我的某个家人或者我自己的病痛,或者不当的行为,或者钱财的损失或缺乏,或者


压抑或兴奋的情绪,



Battles, the horrors of fratricidal war, the fever of doubtful news, the fitful events;


< p>
战斗、手足相残的战争的恐怖、传闻引起的狂热、不时出现的大事要闻


;


These come to me days and nights and go from me again,



这些东西每日每夜都与我腆面相迎,而后又离我而去,



But they are not the Me myself.



但是它们都不构成属于我自己的那个“我”,




Apart from the pulling and hauling stands what I am,



真正的我,离开这些纷纷扰扰站立着,



Stands amused, complacent, compassionating, idle, unitary,



我站着,被逗笑了,沾沾自喜,充满怜悯,慵懒无为,自成一体,



Looks down, is erect, or bends an arm on an impalpable certain rest,


< br>我目光下垂,我笔直挺立,或者弯起一只胳膊,把它靠在一个无形却又确实存在的


支架上,



Looking with side- curved head curious what will come next,



我歪着头好奇地看着,看着下面将要发生的是什么,



Both in and out of the game and watching and wondering at it.


我既置身于这场游戏之中,又置身这场游戏之外,观察着并为这场游戏惊叹。




Backward I see in my own days where I sweated through fog with linguists and contenders,



向回望去,我看见了我自 己的那些日子,在那里我与语言学家和雄辩高才们在迷雾


中挥汗穿越,

< br>


I have no mockings or arguments, I witness and wait.



我既不嘲讽也不给出论据,我只见证和等待。




5




I believe in you my soul, the other I am must not abase itself to you,



我相信你啊,我的灵魂,但作为另一个我的我,决不能让自己向你俯首屈膝,



And you must not be abased to the other.



而你也决不可向这另一个我屈膝俯首。




Loafe with me on the grass, loose the stop from your throat,



请与我一起闲游于这片青草,把你堵住的喉咙放开,



Not words, not music or rhyme I want, not custom or lecture, not even the best,



我不想使用词语、音乐或韵律,也不想遵循规矩习俗或演讲的 规则,哪怕最最高明


的那种,



Only the lull I like, the hum of your valved voice.



我所喜爱的只是那舒缓之后的宁静,和你抑扬顿挫的哼唱。




I mind how once we lay such a transparent summer morning,



我所珍爱的啊,是我们曾经躺在一个如此清亮的夏天的早晨,



How you settled your head athwart my hips and gently turn’d over upon me,



你是怎样地把你的头横枕在我的腰腿之间,然后面向我温柔轻缓地转过身体,



And parted the shirt from my bosom-bone, and plunged your tongue to my bare- stript heart,



解开我遮掩着胸骨的衬衣,让你的舌尖探入我袒裎的心房,



And reach’d till you felt my beard, and reach’d till you held my feet.


< br>直到你伸展的双手触摸到了我的胡须,直到你伸展的双手抱住了我的双脚。




Swiftly arose and spread around me the peace and knowledge that pass all the argument of


the earth,



尘世间无可辩驳的安宁与认知猛然地升起,笼罩在我周围,



And I know that the hand of God is the promise of my own,



于是我知道上帝的手就是我自己的许诺,



And I know that the spirit of God is the brother of my own,



于是我知道上帝的精神就是我自己的兄弟,



And that all the men ever born are also my brothers, and the women my sisters and lovers,



于是我知道所有曾经诞生过的男人也都是我的兄弟,而所有的 女人都是我的姐妹和


爱人,



And that a kelson of the creation is love,



于是我知道爱是支撑着被创造的万物的龙骨,




And limitless are leaves stiff or drooping in the fields,



于是我知道那僵硬枯萎或者掉落到田野上的叶子无穷无尽,



And brown ants in the little wells beneath them,



叶片下面那些细小孔洞里住着的褐色的蚂蚁也无穷无尽,



And mossy scabs of the worm fence, heap’d stones, elder, mullein and poke- weed.



弯曲的围栏上苔藓的瘢痕,堆在一起的石头,还有 接骨木,毛蕊花和商陆草都无穷


无尽。




6




A child said What is the grass? fetching it to me with full hands;



这是什么草呀?一个孩子说着,满满地捧了一捧交给我;



How could I answer the child? I do not know what it is any more than he.


< p>
可我又怎能给这个孩子答案?对于这些草我并不比他知道得更多。



I guess it must be the flag of my disposition, out of hopeful green stuff woven.



我想它应该是用充满希望的绿色材料编织的代表 我气质的一面旗帜。



Or I guess it is the handkerchief of the Lord,



我又想它应该是上帝的一块手帕,



A scented gift and remembrancer designedly dropt,



是一件有意丢下的喷香的礼物和纪念品,



Bearing the owner’s name someway in the corners, that we may see and remark, and say


Whose?



在每个角上用某种方式 留下了主人的名字,让我们能够看到并发表见解,而且要问


这是谁的?

< br>



Or I guess the grass is itself a child, the produced babe of the vegetation.



我又想这草它自己或许就是一个孩子 ,是按草木的生长过程所孕育的幼婴。




Or I guess it is a uniform hieroglyphic,



我也猜想它是一种统一的象形文字,



And it means, Sprouting alike in broad zones and narrow zones,



这就使 它,无论是在宽敞的地域还是在狭窄的地带都抽出同样的嫩芽,



Growing among black folks as among white,



无论是在黑人伙计还是在白人兄弟中,它都同样生长,



Kanuck, Tuckahoe, Congressman, Cuff, I give them the same, I receive them the same.



凯纳克人、特卡荷人、国会议员和柯甫人,我把同 样的东西交给他们,我也把他们


同等地接受。




And now it seems to me the beautiful uncut hair of graves.



而现在对我而言,它又像是坟墓上长出的未经修剪的美丽毛发。




Tenderly will I use you curling grass,



我要温柔体贴地使用你,卷曲的草啊,



It may be you transpire from the breasts of young men,



因为你也许从年轻人的胸膛蒸腾而来,



It may be if I had known them I would have loved them,



他们啊,或许,假如是我曾经的相识,已经被我爱过,



It may be you are from old people, or from offspring taken soon out of their mothers’ laps,



你也或许来自那些年老的人们,或者来自那些被 立即从母亲的膝上夺走的幼儿,



And here you are the mothers’ laps.



而在这里你们自己就是母亲们的膝头。




This grass is very dark to be from the white heads of old mothers,



假如来自母亲们的老迈的白头,这草的颜色不会如此之深,



Darker than the colorless beards of old men,



假如来自老迈男人们失去了颜色的胡须,它的颜色应 当更为苍白,



Dark to come from under the faint red roofs of mouths.



它的深浅啊,正好说明它们来自口腔那淡红色的屋顶之下。




O I perceive after all so many uttering tongues,



哦,我终于认出来了,这是许多正在发出声音的舌头,



And I perceive they do not come from the roofs of mouths for nothing.



我也明白了它们之所以会生长在口腔的顶棚之下,并非出于无心的安排。




I wish I could translate the hints about the dead young men and women,



我希望我能诠释那些有关死去的年轻男人和女人的隐喻,



And the hints about old men and mothers, and the offspring taken soon out of their laps.



还有那些有关老人和母亲的隐喻,以及那些被立即 从她们的膝头上夺走的幼儿的隐


喻。




What do you think has become of the young and old men?



你说那些年轻人和老人变成了什么?



And what do you think has become of the women and children?



你再说说那些女人和孩子变成了什么?




They are alive and well somewhere,



他们还活着,并且活得很好,在某一个地方,



The smallest sprout shows there is really no death,



那颗最小的嫩芽就说明了实际上死亡是不存在的,



And if ever there was it led forward life, and does not wait at the end to arrest it,



就算即便死亡存在,


死亡也只 是生命的先导,


它并不会等待在生命的终点攫取生命,



And ceas’d the moment life appear’d.



而一旦生命出现,死亡便不再存在。




All goes onward and outward, nothing collapses,



一切都在继续向前继续扩展,它们不会衰退崩溃,



And to die is different from what any one supposed, and luckier.



死亡与所有人设想的都不一样,它比人们所设想的要更加幸运。




7




Has any one supposed it lucky to be born?



有没有人认为诞生到这世上是幸运的?



I hasten to inform him or her it is just as lucky to die, and I know it.



我要急迫地告诉他或者她,死亡也恰恰同样地幸运,而我懂得这一点。




I pass death with the dying and birth with the new-wash’d babe, and am not contain’d


between my hat and boots,



我与将死的人一起跨过死亡,与新生的婴儿一起跨过出生,我 并非仅仅容身于我的


靴帽之间,



And peruse manifold objects, no two alike and every one good,



我仔 细地观察了多种多样的事物,它们没有两个一样,也没有一个不好,


< br>


The earth good and the stars good, and their adjuncts all good.



大地美好,星星美好,附于它们之上的一切啊,也都美好。




I am not an earth nor an adjunct of an earth,



我并非仅仅是一具肉骨凡胎,也不是这肉骨凡胎的附属之物,



I am the mate and companion of people, all just as immortal and fathomless as myself,



我是人的兄弟与同伴,这些人每一个都与我自 己一样,如同神明一样不朽,不可尽


言地复杂,



(They do not know how immortal, but I know.)



(他们不知道自己能有多么地不朽,但我知道。





Every kind for itself and its own, for me mine male and female,



每种 东西都为它自己和它所拥有的而存在,我的男性和女性为我而存在,



For me those that have been boys and that love women,



从小小男孩长大并会爱恋女人的那些人为我而存在,



For me the man that is proud and feels how it stings to be slighted,



高傲,受到藐视会感到针刺般痛苦的男人为我而存在,




For me the sweet-heart and the old maid, for me mothers and the mothers of mothers,



甜心少女和老处女们都为我而存在,母亲 和生育母亲的母亲们都为而我存在,



For me lips that have smiled, eyes that have shed tears,



曾经微笑着的嘴唇,曾经泪下涟涟的眼睛为我而存在,



For me children and the begetters of children.



孩子们和生下孩子们的父辈们为我而存在。




Undrape! you are not guilty to me, nor stale nor discarded,



除去服饰吧!在我面前你不是罪人,我也不会对你日久生厌也不会把你遗弃,



I see through the broadcloth and gingham whether or no,



无论平纹细布还是方格花布,都挡不住我穿透一切的目光,



And am around, tenacious, acquisitive, tireless, and cannot be shaken away.



我会充满韧性地、贪婪地、不知疲倦地在你身边,决不会被你摆脱。




8




The little one sleeps in its cradle,



这个小家伙在它的摇篮里睡着了,



I lift the gauze and look a long time, and silently brush away flies with my hand.



我撩起纱帐看了很久,并默默地抬起手把飞蝇赶走。




The youngster and the red- faced girl turn aside up the bushy hill,



小伙和羞红了脸的姑娘转身闪进了长满灌木的小山包,



I peeringly view them from the top.



我从他们的头顶凝神地窥探。




The suicide sprawls on the bloody floor of the bedroom,



自杀者躺在沾满血的卧室地板上,四肢张开,



I witness the corpse with its dabbled hair, I note where the pistol has fallen.



我见证这具头发湿漉的尸体,我记下手枪跌落到了哪里。




The blab of the pave, tires of carts, sluff of boot-soles, talk of the promenaders,



铺路的石板不停地泄露着秘密,马 车的轮胎、靴底的泥巴、散步者的交谈,



The heavy omnibus, the driver with his interrogating thumb, the clank of the shod horses


on the granite floor,



沉重的公共马车、举起拇指 揽客人的车夫、马蹄在花岗岩路面上发出的得得声,



The snow-sleighs, clinking, shouted jokes, pelts of snow-balls,



雪橇、叮当地响声、大声开着的玩笑、雪球来回的飞掷,



The hurrahs for popular favorites, the fury of rous’d mobs,



献给大众偶像们的欢呼,被煽动起来的暴民们的怒火,



The flap of the curtain’d litter, a sick man inside borne to the hospital,



遮掩担架的帘布的忽闪,躺在里面运往医院的一个病人,



The meeting of enemies, the sudden oath, the blows and fall,



敌对两方的相遇,脱口而出的咒骂,拳头的飞舞和人的倒地,



The excited crowd, the policeman with his star quickly working his passage to the centre


of the crowd,



感到 兴奋的人群,从人群中迅速挤出一条路来到中间的佩戴星徽的警察,



The impassive stones that receive and return so many echoes,



无动于衷的街石啊,它们接受了这些并折返回这么多的回声,



What groans of over-fed or half-starv’d who fall sunstruck or in fits,


< br>吃撑了的和快饿死的人因为中暑或者突然晕眩摔倒了,他们发出的是怎样的呻吟,



What exclamations of women taken suddenly who hurry home and give birth to babes,



女人们又突然发出了怎样的惊叫,她们匆匆地赶回家去,孩子 就要生了。



What living and buried speech is always vibrating here, what howls restrain’d by decorum,



什么样的 依然鲜活和已经死去的语言还在这里不停振动,在礼俗规矩的压制下又有


什么发出了嚎叫 ,



Arrests of criminals, slights, adulterous offers made, acceptances, rejections with convex


lips,



对罪犯的拘捕,轻蔑傲慢的表现,为勾搭成奸开好的价码,一 些人的接受,一些人


的噘嘴拒绝,



I mind them or the show or resonance of them—I come and I depart.



我关注着他们,我关注着这样的 演出,我关注着这些东西引起的反响


----


我来了,


然后我又离开。




9




The big doors of the country barn stand open and ready,



乡间谷仓的大门敞开着作好了准备,



The dried grass of the harvest-time loads the slow-drawn wagon,



慢行的大车装满了收获季节的干草,



The clear light plays on the brown gray and green intertinged,



清亮的光线在这错杂交替的青绿与棕灰上嬉戏,



The armfuls are pack’d to the sagging mow.



一束束干草堆积着,堆成了松松垂下的草堆。




I am there, I help, I came stretch’d atop of the load,



我就在那里,我来帮忙,我来时曾在草堆的顶上伸展开身体,



I felt its soft jolts, one leg reclined on the other,



我把一条腿搭在另一条腿上,感受到了它那轻柔的颤动,



I jump from the cross-beams and seize the clover and timothy,



现在我从横梁上跳下,把三叶草和梯牧草抓在手中,



And roll head over heels and tangle my hair full of wisps.



我倒立翻滚啊,让缕缕干草杂乱地插满我的发间。




10




Alone far in the wilds and mountains I hunt,



独自一人在遥远的荒野山间,我去狩取猎物,



Wandering amazed at my own lightness and glee,



在四处逐走中,我为自己的轻盈与快乐惊讶不已,



In the late afternoon choosing a safe spot to pass the night,



黄昏之时挑选一块安全的地方度过这个夜晚,



Kindling a fire and broiling the fresh- kill’d game,



点上一堆火,把猎杀的新鲜野味炙烧焙烤,



Falling asleep on the gather’d leaves with my dog and gun by my side.



躺在堆集起来的树叶上我进入梦乡,狗和枪陪伴在我的身边。




The Yankee clipper is under her sky-sails, she cuts the sparkle and scud,



扬基式快帆船撑开了她的天帆,她劈开闪亮波光疾行快驶,



My eyes settle the land, I bend at her prow or shout joyously from the deck.


< /p>


我双眼紧盯着陆地,在船头把身子弯起或者从甲板上发出快乐的叫喊。



The boatmen and clam- diggers arose early and stopt for me,



船夫和采蛤者早早起来却为我停留,



I tuck’d my trowser-ends in my boots and went and had a good time;



我把裤脚塞进靴子,走去享受一段快乐时光,



You should have been with us that day round the chowder-kettle.



那天你真应该和我们在一起啊,围在煮着海鲜杂烩的煮锅旁边。




I saw the marriage of the trapper in the open air in the far west, the bride was a red girl,



我看见过遥远西部一个设陷 猎手的露天婚礼,他娶了一个红种女孩做他的新娘,



Her father and his friends sat near cross-legged and dumbly smoking, they had moccasins


to their feet and large thick blankets hanging from their shoulders,



她的父亲和他的朋友们盘 着腿相依而坐,默默地抽着烟草,他们脚上套着鹿皮靴,


肩上披着大大的厚毯,



On a bank lounged the trapper, he was drest mostly in skins, his luxuriant beard and curls


protected his neck, he held his bride by the hand,



那个设陷猎 手悠闲地站在河堤上,他全身裹满兽皮,茂密的腮须和浓浓的发卷护住


了他的颈项,他把 他的新娘牵在手中,



She had long eyelashes, her head was bare, her coarse straight locks descended upon her


voluptuous limbs and reach’d to her feet.


< br>她有长长的眼睫,


她的头上没有饰物,


她的发绺又粗又直 ,


垂过她撩人欲望的肢体,


垂到了她的脚旁。

< br>



The runaway slave came to my house and stopt outside,



一个逃亡的奴隶来到我的屋旁,停留在我的屋外,



I heard his motions crackling the twigs of the woodpile,



柴堆上细枝的噼啪声响让我听到了他的动静,



Through the swung half-door of the kitchen I saw him limpsy and weak,



透过厨房里摇晃着的半边门扇,我看到了筋疲力尽的他。



And went where he sat on a log and led him in and assured him,



我朝坐在一根圆木上的他走去,把他领进屋子并让他安心,



And brought water and fill’d a tub for his sweated body and bruis’d feet,



我拿来清水注满浴盆,让他清洗汗湿的身体和青肿的双脚,



And gave him a room that enter’d from my own, and gave him some coarse clean clothes,



我给他一个房间,那间房间必须穿过我的才 能进去,我还送给他几件衣裳,粗糙的


但却干净,



And remember perfectly well his revolving eyes and his awkwardness,



我清楚地记得他转动不定的双眼和局促不安的神态,




And remember putting piasters on the galls of his neck and ankles;



我还记得我为他脖颈和脚踝的伤口敷上了药膏,



He staid with me a week before he was recuperated and pass’d north,



他和我一起呆了一个星期,直到元气重生去往北方,



I had him sit next me at table, my fire-lock lean’d in the corner.



饭桌上我让他紧挨着我坐在一起,我的火枪就靠在桌子角上。




11




Twenty-eight young men bathe by the shore,



二十八个青年浴于此岸,



Twenty-eight young men and all so friendly;



二十八个青年都如此友善,



Twenty-eight years of womanly life and all so lonesome.



可二十八年女人般的生命啊,竟都如此地寂寞孤单。



She owns the fine house by the rise of the bank,



她有一套精美房舍,在峭立的堤岸之畔,



She hides handsome and richly drest aft the blinds of the window.



俊美秀俏穿着盛装华服啊,她藏在窗帘的后方。




Which of the young men does she like the best?



那一群小伙之中哪一个是她的最爱?



Ah the homeliest of them is beautiful to her.



哦,那最平常的一个也是她眼中的俊男。




Where are you off to, lady? for I see you,



小姐女士啊,你要移步何方?因为我看见了你啊,



You splash in the water there, yet stay stock still in your room.



在那方水中你踏波溅浪,可在你的房中你又静若枯干。




Dancing and laughing along the beach came the twenty-ninth bather,



边舞边笑啊,这第二十九个浴者沿着滩涂走来,



The rest did not see her, but she saw them and loved them.



其他的浴者没看见她呀,可是她已把他们看见并且爱上。




The beards of the young men glisten’d with wet, it ran from their long hair,



水在青年小伙的腮须里闪闪发光,水从他们的长发中流下,



Little streams pass’d all over their bodies.



水在他们的身上啊,流成了小溪条条。




An unseen hand also pass’d over their bodies,



一张无形手掌,也抚过了他们的身躯,



It descended tremblingly from their temples and ribs.



它战栗着向下抚去啊,从鬓角也从胸肋。




The young men float on their backs, their white bellies bulge to the sun, they do not ask


who seizes fast to them,



年青的小伙仰浮在水面,白色的肚皮隆起朝向太 阳,他们不去问啊,那抓紧他们的


是谁,



They do not know who puffs and declines with pendant and bending arch,



他们不知道啊,那喘着气儿弯下腰身俯垂着靠近过来的是谁,



They do not think whom they souse with spray.



他们不去想啊,他们拍起水花湿透了谁。




12




The butcher-boy puts off his killing- clothes, or sharpens his knife at the stall in the market,



屠夫的小伙计脱下他的屠宰服,屠夫的小伙 计在集市摊位上磨着他的刀,



I loiter enjoying his repartee and his shuffle and break- down.



我欣赏着他流连不去哟,因为他机智善辩,还因为 他会跳曳步和跺脚。




Blacksmiths with grimed and hairy chests environ the anvil,



长满毛的胸膛沾满了灰尘,铁匠们围聚在铁砧四周,



Each has his main-sledge, they are all out, there is a great heat in the fire.



每个人都抡着一个大锤,每一个都使尽了全力,炉火已经很旺了。




From the cinder-strew’d threshold I follow their movements,



在洒满炉渣的门槛上我用目光追随他们的动作,



The lithe sheer of their waists plays even with their massive arms,



他们柔软的腰身与他们粗壮的手臂协调配合,



Overhand the hammers swing, overhand so slow, overhand so sure,



锤子挥过头顶,那么慢地挥过了头顶,那么稳地挥过了头顶,



They do not hasten, each man hits in his place.



他们不急不忙,每个人都对准自己的位置砸下。




13




The negro holds firmly the reins of his four horses, the block swags underneath on its tied-


over chain,



这个驾着四匹马的黑人稳稳地抓着马缰,铁链缠裹的大块石料在他身下晃荡,



The negro that drives the long dray of the stone-yard, steady and tall he stands pois’d on


one leg on the,


< br>这个驾着石料场长马车的黑人用一条腿支撑,他又高又稳地立在纵梁之上,



His blue shirt exposes his ample neck and breast and loosens over his hip- band,



他的蓝色衬衫松松地罩住他的腰带,衬衫下露出他 宽厚的脖子和胸膛,



His glance is calm and commanding, he tosses the slouch of his hat away from his forehead,



他的眼神平静又威严啊,他用手把耷拉下来的帽檐从前额推开,



The sun falls on his crispy hair and mustache, falls on the black of his polish’d and perfect


limbs.



他卷 曲的头发和髭须上落满了阳光,他那光洁完美的黑色肢体上,也落满了阳光。




I behold the picturesque giant and love him, and I do not stop there,



我注视着这个如画般的巨人我爱上了他,但我不在那里停下,



I go with the team also.



我也伴着这队伍同行。




In me the caresser of life wherever moving, backward as well as forward sluing,



我身上有一个生命的关爱者,无论走到哪里, 它都会前旋与后转,



To niches aside and junior bending, not a person or object missing,



俯身朝向一旁细小的角落和稚嫩的新芽,不 漏过一个人和一个物件,



Absorbing all to myself and for this song.



它把这一切都吸收进我的身体,去唱出这首歌。




Oxen that rattle the yoke and chain or halt in the leafy shade, what is that you express in


your eyes?


< /p>


拉着轭牵着索嘎嘎行进的牛儿们和在茂叶的荫凉下歇息的牛儿们,你们在用眼神表


达着什么?



It seems to me more than all the print I have read in my life.



我好像觉得,我一生中读过的所有印刷品啊,都比 不上你们的表达。




My tread scares the wood-drake and wood-duck on my distant and day-long ramble,


我用整天的时间漫游到很远很远的地方,我的脚步惊动了林中的公鸭母鸭,



They rise together, they slowly circle around.



它们一齐飞起来啊,它们缓缓地盘旋。




I believe in those wing’d purposes,



我相信这些有翅膀的生命必有其意义,



And acknowledge red, yellow, white, playing within me,



我承认这红色、黄色和白色在我心中发出了奏鸣,



And consider green and violet and the tufted crown intentional,



我认为这绿的、紫的和这簇状的花冠,都有自己的意识,



And do not call the tortoise unworthy because she is not something else,



我不会因为乌龟仅仅是一只乌龟,就认为她不值一文,



And the


ja


y in the woods never studied the gamut, yet trills pretty well to me,



树林中的鹣鸟从不研究音律,却对我发出了非常美妙的鸣叫,



And the look of the bay mare shames silliness out of me.



而栗色母马用她的目光,使我羞愧于我的愚蠢无知。




14




The wild gander leads his flock through the cool night,



公野鹅领着鹅群穿越在清凉夜空,



Ya-honk he says, and sounds it down to me like an invitation,



他说,呀嗬,这声音落向我如同一份邀约,



The pert may suppose it meaningless, but I listening close,



爱出风头的漂亮人儿或许认为它全无意义,但我仔细谛听,



Find its purpose and place up there toward the wintry sky.



发现了它的目标,我把这目标高置于那儿呀,朝向冬日的天空。




The sharp-hoof’d moose of the north, the cat on the house-sill, the chickadee, the prairie-


dog,



四蹄敏捷的北方驼鹿,蹲伏在屋基上的猫,还有山雀、草原犬鼠,



The litter of the grunting sow as they tug at her teats,



使劲叼着奶头让母猪哼哼不已的那窝小猪,



The brood of the turkey-hen and she with her half-spread wings,



火鸡的一窝幼雏和半张着翅膀的火鸡妈妈,



I see in them and myself the same old law.



在它们和我自己身上啊,我看到了那同样的永恒法则。




The press of my foot to the earth springs a hundred affections,



我的脚踩压着大地,千百种情感如泉喷涌,



They scorn the best I can do to relate them.



这些情感轻蔑地看着我啊,看着我用尽了全力对它们的描述。




I am enamour’d of growing out-doors,



我痴迷于在户外成长的生活,



Of men that live among cattle or taste of the ocean or woods,



我痴迷与牛群生活在一起的人,我痴迷海洋和森林的味道,



Of the builders and steerers of ships and the wielders of axes and mauls, and the drivers of


horses,


< br>我痴迷造船的人、掌舵的人,我痴迷挥舞斧头挥舞木槌的人啊,我痴迷驾驶马车的


人,



I can eat and sleep with them week in and week out.



我可以与他们同食共眠啊,一个星期接着一星期。




What is commonest, cheapest, nearest, easiest, is Me,



什么最普通,最卑微,最亲密,最容易接近,什么就是我,



Me going in for my chances, spending for vast returns,



我走来,为了属于自己的机会,我付出,为了巨大的回报,



Adorning myself to bestow myself on the first that will take me,



我让自己容光焕发啊,为了把自己奉献给第一个接受我的人,



Not asking the sky to come down to my good will,



我展示善意啊,不是为了祈求苍天的垂青俯就,



Scattering it freely forever.



而是要把它不求回报地无休无止地播散。




15




The pure contralto sings in the organ loft,



声音纯净的女低音在风琴楼廊上唱起了歌,



The carpenter dresses his plank, the tongue of his foreplane whistles its wild ascending lisp,



修整手中板材的木匠,粗 刨的刨舌发出啸叫,声音粗野涩口,一点点升高,



The married and unmarried children ride home to their Thanksgiving dinner,



成了家和没成家 的孩子们,都骑着马儿往家里赶,去参加感恩节的晚餐,



The pilot seizes the king-pin, he heaves down with a strong arm,



舵手抓紧了转向梢,他用一只有力的臂膀,把它压了下来,



The mate stands braced in the whale- boat, lance and harpoon are ready,



大副站在捕鲸的小划船上,鼓足了精神,长矛和鱼叉都准备好了。




The duck-shooter walks by silent and cautious stretches,



射野鸭的猎手悄悄地走着,每一段路都小心翼翼,



The deacons are ordain’d with cross’d hands at the altar,



教会执事叉起双手,到祭坛前领受圣职,



The spinning-girl retreats and advances to the hum of the big wheel,



纺纱姑娘在大纺轮的嗡嗡声中时而前进,时而后退,



The farmer stops by the bars as he walks on a First-day loafe and looks at the oats and rye,



礼拜天里随意闲走的农夫在在栅栏面前停 下了脚步,他看着那些燕麦和黑麦,



The lunatic is carried at last to the asylum a confirm’d case,



那个被确定发了疯的人终于被送进了疯人院,




(He will never sleep any more as he did in the cot in his mother’s bed- room;)



(他再也不能像从前那样,睡在他母亲卧室里 的那张小床上了,




The jour printer with gray head and gaunt jaws works at his case,



那个头发花白下巴尖瘦的报刊杂志印刷工,在排字盘前工作着,



He turns his quid of tobacco while his eyes blurr with the manuscript;



盯着原稿的眼睛模糊了,于是他嚼起了烟草,



The malform’d limbs are tied to the surgeon’s table,



变形了的肢体被绑在了外科医生的工作台上,



What is removed drops horribly in a pail;



割下来的东西很恶心地被扔进了一只桶里,



The quadroon girl is sold at the auction-stand, the drunkard nods by the bar-room stove,



那个四分之一混血的女孩在拍卖台上被卖掉了, 醉鬼在酒吧间的炉子边打起了盹,



The machinist rolls up his sleeves, the policeman travels his beat, the gate-keeper marks


who pass,



那个机械工人 卷起了衣袖,那个警察在沿着路线巡逻,那个看门人记下了走过的每


一个人,

< p>


The young fellow drives the express-wagon, (I love him, though I do not know him;)



那个年轻的小伙子赶着快递马车,


(我爱他,虽然我并不认识他,




The half-breed straps on his light boots to compete in the race,


印第安人和白人生下的混血儿绑好了他的轻便靴,准备参加一场跑步比赛,



The western turkey-shooting draws old and young, some lean on their rifles, some sit on


logs,



西部火鸡射击赛吸引了 老老和少少的人们,有些人斜倚在来复枪上,有些人坐在圆


木上,



Out from the crowd steps the marksman, takes his position, levels his piece;



那个神枪手走出人群,他站好位置,把枪端平,



The groups of newly-come immigrants cover the wharf or levee,



码头和大堤上挤满一群群新来的移民,



As the woolly-pates hoe in the sugar- field, the overseer views them from his saddle,



那群头发卷卷的人在甘蔗地里锄着草,监工跨 坐在马鞍上监视着他们,



The bugle calls in the ball-room, the gentlemen run for their partners, the dancers bow to


each other,



舞厅里响起了开始号,绅士们跑去寻找自己的 舞伴,跳舞的人相互鞠着躬,



The youth lies awake in the cedar-roof’d garret and harks to the musical rain,



那个青年睁着眼躺在雪松木屋顶 的阁楼里,听着那音乐一般的雨声,



The Wolverine sets traps on the creek that helps fill the Huron,



那个密执安狼獾族的土著在一条流向休 伦湖的小溪边设下了陷阱,



The squaw wrapt in her yellow-hemm’d cloth is offering moccasins and bead-bags for sale,



那个裹着镶黄边布巾的印第安女人在出售鹿皮鞋和串珠包,



The connoisseur peers along the exhibition-gallery with half-shut eyes bent sideways,



那个识货的行家沿着展示长廊眯起眼睛凝 神观瞧,他斜着身子弯下腰来,




As


the


deck-hands


make


fast


the


steamboat


the


plank


is


thrown


for


the


shore- going


passengers,



舱面水手把蒸汽船停靠稳当,把供乘客上岸的木板扔了过来,



The young sister holds out the skein while the elder sister winds it off in a ball, and stops


now and then for the knots,



妹妹撑开一绞纱线,姐姐把它绕成圆球,并不时停下去解开疙 瘩,



The one-year wife is recovering and happy having a week ago borne her first child,



新婚一年的妻子正在高高兴兴地恢 复身体,一周以前她生下了第一个孩子,



The clean-hair’d Yankee girl works with her sewing- machine or in the factory or mill,



在缝纫机上,在工厂里或者作坊里,头发洗得干干净净的扬基女孩正在工作,


The paving-man leans on his two- handed rammer, the reporter’s lead flies swiftly over the


note-book, the sign-painter is lettering with blue and gold,


铺路工人斜靠在双柄槌上,记者让铅笔在笔记本上敏捷地飞舞,画广告招牌的人正


在 用蓝色和金色描着字母,



The canal boy trots on the tow-path, the book-keeper counts at his desk, the shoemaker


waxes his thread,



运河上的小纤夫沿着纤道小步跑着,会计在 桌上算帐,鞋匠在给线打蜡,


-


-


-


-


-


-


-


-



本文更新与2021-02-12 16:48,由作者提供,不代表本网站立场,转载请注明出处:https://www.bjmy2z.cn/gaokao/644706.html

惠特曼诗歌,歌唱自我(第一节-第二十六节)的相关文章

  • 爱心与尊严的高中作文题库

    1.关于爱心和尊严的作文八百字 我们不必怀疑富翁的捐助,毕竟普施爱心,善莫大焉,它是一 种美;我们也不必指责苛求受捐者的冷漠的拒绝,因为人总是有尊 严的,这也是一种美。

    小学作文
  • 爱心与尊严高中作文题库

    1.关于爱心和尊严的作文八百字 我们不必怀疑富翁的捐助,毕竟普施爱心,善莫大焉,它是一 种美;我们也不必指责苛求受捐者的冷漠的拒绝,因为人总是有尊 严的,这也是一种美。

    小学作文
  • 爱心与尊重的作文题库

    1.作文关爱与尊重议论文 如果说没有爱就没有教育的话,那么离开了尊重同样也谈不上教育。 因为每一位孩子都渴望得到他人的尊重,尤其是教师的尊重。可是在现实生活中,不时会有

    小学作文
  • 爱心责任100字作文题库

    1.有关爱心,坚持,责任的作文题库各三个 一则150字左右 (要事例) “胜不骄,败不馁”这句话我常听外婆说起。 这句名言的意思是说胜利了抄不骄傲,失败了不气馁。我真正体会到它

    小学作文
  • 爱心责任心的作文题库

    1.有关爱心,坚持,责任的作文题库各三个 一则150字左右 (要事例) “胜不骄,败不馁”这句话我常听外婆说起。 这句名言的意思是说胜利了抄不骄傲,失败了不气馁。我真正体会到它

    小学作文
  • 爱心责任作文题库

    1.有关爱心,坚持,责任的作文题库各三个 一则150字左右 (要事例) “胜不骄,败不馁”这句话我常听外婆说起。 这句名言的意思是说胜利了抄不骄傲,失败了不气馁。我真正体会到它

    小学作文